Chinese Temple in Bangkok: Wat Leng Neur Yee 2

Hi guys, I’m back! I was a bit tied up with my friends and families activities past weekend. Due to some superstitious, my family has been believe since our ancestors. I got a chance to visit a temple that looks awesome and powerful, yet I found a peace with myself. This temple called “Wat Borom Raja Kanjanapisek” or “many people known as “Wat Leng Neur Yee 2”

     This temple is one of the famous temple that many Chinese or non-Chinese descent come to visit and have themselves dispel their bad luck that may happen to themselves. The bad luck that I am talking about called “Pee Chong”. How do you know, you have Pee Chong or bad luck this year is based on the Chinese Zodiac year that you born against your family members or love one. This is the traditional practice base on Taoist doctrine that most people may hear about it. Which is 5 elements (consists of Earth, Water, Wind, Fire, and Gold) indeed some of element is weaker to other and some of them can make other stronger. Such as Fire weaker to water and wind can give strength to fire. As well as Chinese Zodiac, some animal will make other animal weaker; likewise, other animal can give strength to some as well. This year my mom and my sister happened to have Pee Chong to each other.

     Shall we talk about this awesome place already, right? “Wat Borom Raja Kanjanapisek” or “many people known as “Wat Leng Neur Yee 2” is the Mahayana Temple in favor of the Chinese Buddhist sect, located at Bang Bua Thong District, Nonthaburi province (still kind of outskirt of Bangkok).
This temple, once you inside make you feel like, you slip through place and time. Because it all the Chinese tradition art with all the solid rocks and ancient architectures like that will memorize you. Beside the Chinese arts and architectures, the size of this place is enormous. It build in the land of 12 Rai or around 4.7 acres. It built to honor His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej's, on the occasion of the celebrations for the 50th anniversary of June 9th, 1996. I heard that the construction is not complete and they plan to build more facilities for this temple.

     This is very interesting place to visit for tourist; it will live you awe. Couple of things that you may have to prepare when you visit this place; first, it very hot and sometime it can get crowded. That means it going to be hot, there are some shop selling water but better to have some water with you. The temple considers a religious place so dress properly especial female no short or tang top. However, if you happen to unintentional dress not that properly.

     The temple offers some Sarong for you. I’m sure all photography will love this place. If you run out of place to go in Bangkok and get time to kill try to visit this temple before you head to other destination. It will be a short trip of fun. Send me some picture and tell your story about this place or if you have other place you want me to talk about. Oh my team and I just create a brand new group page on Facebook name “backpacker” you guys can use this group page as a meet up center and information exchange of traveling or just to looking for friends while you are traveling abroad. Join us and explore your adventure spirit and I’ll see you next time.